Documentation for version v0.9.0 is no longer actively maintained.
The version you are currently viewing is a static snapshot.
For up-to-date documentation, see the
Ark gives you tools to back up and restore your Kubernetes cluster resources and persistent volumes. Ark lets you:
- Take backups of your cluster and restore in case of loss.
- Copy cluster resources across cloud providers. NOTE: Cloud volume migrations are not yet supported.
- Replicate your production environment for development and testing environments.
Ark consists of:
- A server that runs on your cluster
- A command-line client that runs locally
The documentation provides a getting started guide, plus information about building from source, architecture, extending Ark, and more.
If you encounter issues, review the troubleshooting docs, file an issue, or talk to us on the #ark-dr channel on the Kubernetes Slack server.
Thanks for taking the time to join our community and start contributing!
Feedback and discussion is available on the mailing list.
Before you start
- Please familiarize yourself with the Code of Conduct before contributing.
- See CONTRIBUTING.md for instructions on the developer certificate of origin that we require.
- We welcome pull requests. Feel free to dig through the issues and jump in.
See the list of releases to find out about feature changes.